Records of the President's Office
Scope and Content
- Majority of material found within 1899 - 1966
1. Student records generated and maintained by the college are covered by FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act): grades, work, faculty/class evaluations, questionnaires, recommendations, et cetera.
2. Minutes and other records of the Board of Trustees. Access to this material is granted only through the Trustees. Requests for access should be directed to the Clerk of the Board of Trustees.
3. Information relating to specific salaries, pensions or financial transactions between the College and individual employees.
4. Materials relating to reappointment, promotion and tenure.
5. Recommendations and performance evaluation of individual employees, as well as evaluations of candidates for College positions.
6. Materials published by consortia of colleges and universities, specifically the Consortium on Financing Higher Education (COFHE) and the Higher Education Data Sharing (HEDS), which conduct surveys of various institutes promising confidentiality.
Conditions Governing Use
History of the Office
1881-1887 Alice Freeman Palmer
1887-1894 Helen Shafer
1894-1899 Julia Irvine
1899-1910 Caroline Hazard
1911-1936 Ellen Fitz Pendleton
1936-1949 Mildred McAfee Horton
1949-1966 Margaret Clapp
17.8 Linear Feet ( 44 file boxes, 1 half legal file box)
Language of Materials
The records contain some material from the following administration.
- Records of the President's Office, 1886-1972, bulk 1899-1966 : a guide
- Language of description
- Script of description